First Reconciliation and Eucharist, Immaculate Conception Parish
First Reconciliation and Eucharist
To prepare for the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist, a candidate must be enrolled in the parish Religious Education program or attend Catholic school for at least one year prior (usually grade 1) and during the year of immediate preparation. The family is directly involved in preparing the child for the sacrament.
Please complete the Registration Form below to register a child for preparation for First Reconciliation and/or Eucharist.
Contact the Religious Ed. offices at Immaculate Conception for more information.
Orientation and workshop for candidates and parents is Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 4:00-5:00pm in the Church..
1st Reconciliation session: Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 4:00pm parents meet in the church and candidates meet in St. Louis Hall. We will end our time together with the 5:00pm Youth Mass.
1st Reconciliation Liturgy will be held on: Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 11:00am (Snow date: Saturday, December 16 at 11:00am at Holy Redeemer-Nativity campus, 4 Green Merrimac).
If you cannot attend the group reconciliation service, please attend any Saturday confession at 3:00-3:30pm in the church or during Lent on Wednesdays 6:30-8:00pm (February 21-March 21) and let the priest know that it is your child’s first time.
- Our First Eucharist sessions will include:
- What is the Mass? on Sunday, November 5, 2018 from 1:00-2:30pm in the church for parents and in the hall for candidates.
- Tour of the Church on Sunday, January 21, 2018 from 1:00-3:00pm in the church. (Snow date: Sunday, January 21 from 1:00-3:00pm in the church.)
- Teaching on the Mass: Walk through the Rite on Sunday, March 11, 2018 from 1:00-2:30pm in the church with Fr George Morin. (Includes tasting of bread/wine)
- Mini-retreat on Sunday, March 25, 2018 from 1:00-2:30pm in the church and Parish Center.
- 1st Eucharist rehearsals in the church at 4:30pm (April 30 and May 1, 3, 7, 8 and 10, 2018).
- Our Group First Communion Liturgies are as follows:
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 11:00am and 4:00pm and Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 11:30am
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 11:00am and 4:00pm and Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 11:30am