First Reconciliation and Eucharist, Immaculate Conception Parish
First Reconciliation and Eucharist
To prepare for the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist, a candidate must be enrolled in the parish Religious Education program or attend Catholic school for at least one year prior (usually grade 1) and during the year of immediate preparation. The family is directly involved in preparing the child for the sacrament.
Please complete the Registration Form below to register a child for preparation for First Reconciliation and/or Eucharist.
Contact the Religious Ed. offices at Immaculate Conception for more information.
Orientation and workshop for candidates and parents is Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 2:30-4:00pm in the Church..
1st Reconciliation session: Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 1:00pm parents meet in the church and candidates meet in St. Louis Hall.
1st Reconciliation Liturgy will be held on: Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 11:00am (Alternate date: Saturday, December 15 at 11:00am at Holy Redeemer-Nativity campus, 4 Green Merrimac).
If you cannot attend the group reconciliation service, please attend any Saturday confession at 3:00-3:30pm in the church or during Lent on Wednesdays 6:30-8:00pm (March 13-April 10) and let the priest know that it is your child’s first time.
Check out this video on How to Receive Communion
- Our First Eucharist sessions will include:
- What is the Mass? on Sunday, December 2, 2018 from 1:00-2:30pm in the church for parents and in the hall for candidates.
- Tour of the Church on Sunday, January 6, 2019 from 1:00-3:00pm in the church.
- Teaching on the Mass: Walk through the Rite on Sunday, March 3, 2019 from 1:00-2:30pm in the church with Fr George Morin. (Includes tasting of bread/wine)
- Mini-retreat on Sunday, March 31, 2019 from 1:00-2:30pm in the church and Parish Center.
- 1st Eucharist rehearsals in the church at 4:30pm
- (April 29 for Sat May 4 at 4:00pm Liturgy and April 30 for Sun May 5 11:30am Liturgy and
- May 6 for Sat May 11 at 4:00pm Liturgy and May 7 for Sun May 12 11:30am Liturgy).
- Our Group First Communion Liturgies are as follows:
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 4:00pm and Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 11:30am
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 4:00pm and Sunday, May 12, 2018 at 11:30am
Immaculate Conception Church
Our First Communicants of 2018